Thursday, October 16, 2008

THE WINNER IS.........

Hi everyone, how are you? First I want to thank you all for taking the time to visit and enter my CAT CANDY TREAT!!! I loved reading all your comments and it really meant a lot to me. Ok the winner is...........................



****Thanks again everyone for your kind words! Congrats, Amy, please email me your info; my email is on the right side bar there.************
I would like to leave you with a card I made for my DH's son. Well actually it is for his son, Eric's girlfriends' MOM. Ok, did you follow along there? It has been a little somber around here. To make a long, long story short, Eric (my stepson) was dating a girl for quite some time. He met her at RIT, in New York. They lived in the same dorm and that's how they met, several years ago. Ok, I am getting into story mode, sorry. She had Cystic Fibrosis and was in the hospital for the past 3-4 months, awaiting a lung transplant. She passed away on Sunday afternoon; she was soo young and soo smart. She was absolutely AWESOME with Kyah too. It is so sad! Although I know she is no longer suffering, it still is tough. I didn't get to see her a whole lot, but when we did see her she was always so nice. She was also, always, so attentive to Kyah. I think it's even more sad to know the life this young lady could have had. From what I understand, she and Eric were making plans for the future. So, if you would, please keep my stepson in your prayers, that he may get throught this tough time. My DH did not want a card that was depressing, he wanted a classic type card with no sentiment. He wanted something "pretty", as he put it. So here it is. I hope you'll like it. I know it is plain, but, I think it is classy. I had gotten some embossing powder, on my last ACMoore trip and I used it here, for the first time. I think it is a beautiful color. I also used my Kaisercraft Pearls, in Pewter, that I got from LIMELIGHT PAPERCRAFTS. I really LOVE these pearls! I thank you all for stopping by and hope you'll visit again. Until next time, please.........................ENJOY LIFE!!!!! ***I just took another pic, the ones below didn't show how beautiful the embossing turned out~














~
~Recipe:SU Priceless set,Su Basic Grey CS,Versamark stamp pad,Stampendous Garnet Pearl Lustre embossing powder,Pewter Kaisercraft Pearls.

11 comments:

Debby said...

oh my goodness..my heart is heavy and I am so sorry. Your card is beatiful and perfect and I have no other words. I'm sorry. This really touched me and I have no other words...

Mae said...

I think the card is perfect. My prayers are with you all.

Marla said...

My favorite SU set and what a beautiful card. I hope it helps to lessen the sorrow!!

Mandy said...

So sorry to hear of the loss! :( It is hard to remember at times, but GOD is in control. All the time, even when it does not make sense to us.

And goodness...Kyah is the CUTEST! EVER!

Anonymous said...

Jacquie - so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. The card is beautiful.

Chrissy D said...

Your daughter is so sweet. Adorable picture. I am sorry the loss of your loved one! My prayers are with you!

Bunny B said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. The card is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, my heart and prayers are with you and your family!

Kim said...

Kyah is such a cutie! Love the pics of her!!!! What a beautiful card Jacquie! You have outdone yourself with this one! I can see all the love put into it! Awesome job! I am so sorry to hear of your stepson's loss! That's so sad! Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!
Hugs~ Kim

Anonymous said...

Jacquie, This card is simple, elegant and beautiful...just like you. I have a very long reach and I'm giving you a big hug right now.

Candy said...

Dear Jacquie,
What a terrible thing to happen to a lovely young lady. I am keeping your step-son and the rest of both families in my prayers.
I don't think you could have made a more lovely card!
Candy