Monday, September 1, 2008

Seize The Cupcake!! and Prisma Fun!!

Good morning everyone and happy Monday! Well, I am sure it is happier for some more than others. Huh? Those of you that are here in the US probably have off today and those of you who aren't probably don't. Anyway, I was having fun again last night, can you tell? The card above was way overdue. I'll tell you why. I have been wanting this Seize The Cupcake set, from Hero Arts , for a loooong time. I just got it a little bit ago and put it away in a drawer. It has been calling for me ever since! I just love the saying, that was the selling point for me. Let alone those cupcakes!! Gotta love the cupcakes,right? I had gotten another set,by Stampendous, but, it just wasn't the same. Now the other set is just sitting in the drawer and it's pretty quiet! Hehe! I was trying to come up with a different type of layout. I am happy that it looks different from my other cards, which means I succeeded with the layout dilema. As I have been saying, I need to change it up! So do any of you have exciting plans for today? A cookout perhaps? My family and I are going to see my family today. Well, my dad's side that is. We are fortunate enough to have a pretty big family. The cupcake card was not all I made last night, of course. I wanted to try my hand at developing a scene, with a stamp set, and coloring it in with my Prismacolor markers. There was a great copic tutorial on Suanne Dean's blog, Scrapbitz.blogspot.com, and I wanted to try her teachings. Her coloring is beautiful, you should check it out. Now keep in mind, I used Prismas instead of Copics. The whole Copic thing is a little pricey for this mom of 3. As awesome as I am sure they are. So, I have been slowly trying to collect some Prismas. I have posted the card below and your thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated!! Any critique would be welcomed! Remember though, I am still learning, so be nice! Haha!!

Well, what do you think? This set is Mindy's Zoo, by Autumn Leaves, and I have definately had it for a long time! It needed some love! The "Enjoy Life" stamp is from Stamping Bella; I received it from my awesome SCS friend, Kelli. She sent me a bunch O Bellas and this was included! She is so generous! What a great person! She sent me way more than she should have! I am very lucky to have great friends like her and all the others I have made along the way! Alright enough sappy stuff, right? I guess I will start preparing some things for our outing today! I hope you enjoyed the cards I have shared today! As the card above says "Enjoy Life"! Don't forget to visit this coming week, for my exciting announcement! Who knows, maybe there will even be some candy involved! Haha! have a great one all and thanks for stopping by, until later.........................
~
~
Cupcake Recipe: Hero Arts stamp set, Versafine Onyx,SU CS Pretty in Pink,Pomegranate, Whisper White & Lavendar Lace, Prismacolor markers,Stardust Stickles,SU Scallop punch & CB embossing folder,pink dew drop type things from a SCS swap.

Monkey Scene Recipe: Mindy's Zoo set from Autumn Leaves& Stamping Bella sentiment, Close to Cocoa & Whisper White SU CS, Versafine Onyx & Prismacolor markers.


8 comments:

Jacqueline TresBella said...

Cute!


Jacqueline

I just got some prismas and have not had a chance to work with them yet.

Debby said...

Cute cards. I think your coloring is great! Have a fun day today!

Lara said...

The cards are adorable! I love the cupcakes!

Kim said...

Very cute cards! I love seeing your work Jacquie...it's always so much fun!
Hugs~ Kim

Meli Palmer said...

Those monkeys are just so damned cute!

Chrissy D said...

Oh these are adorable! I love the primas and you did a great job with them! TFS!

Carri D said...

cute cards, jacquie I love the monkeys.
Carri

Mandy said...

Hooray for cupcakes!!