Saturday, September 13, 2008

MY NEW BELLA SISTAH! & GINA K.

Hi all! First let me just say that I hope all of my friends are safe, after that horrible hurricane!! Now, I understand it is going to reak havoc thru Oklahoma and on up the US! So, I wish those of you in it's path safety and security!! You are ALL in my thoughts and prayers!! Ok, so I signed up for this next round of Bella Sistahs swap! This is my first time and I am so psyched!!! My NEW Bella Sistah is CARRI!! She is super nice and we have had great conversations so far and seem to have some things in common too!! Check out the card she sent me, isn't it the BEST?! You need to check out her work HERE! I definately advise a visit to her place, you'll love it!!
BY CARRI DAUGHERTY!


Speaking of visiting, I am glad you stopped by! I have a cute card to share with you tonight. I bought my first Sissix die and have been putting off using it. Tonight I finally did! I read on SCS that I could use it with my CB and I guess you could say it worked. Just not the way I had planned! I first tried to use it with the C plate, which I thought was for die cuts. Well the plate was too thick and I didn't want to force it, for fear of breaking it! That would not have been good, since I have not had it for long!! I was determined to make it work, so I tried the regular plates I use; it did work, but, it cut into the bottom plate! I knew it would, but, what was I to do? I can't buy a seperate machine for that; not with 3 kids!! LOL! So, I figure I will just have to look for an extra plate sometime. Then again, I don't think it will effect how well it works, at least not for a while. Anyway, I also tried my hand at cutting again and seemed to fair a little better this time!! I used my brand NEW Little Tees set, from Gina K!! Now this is my first set I have gotten from her, this and the Retro Boutique set. I really like them, don't you? I used my good ole stand by BG paper, DCWV. I just love these mat stacks that match!! I recently ordered a Basic Grey one and I can't wait for it to arrive. I really wish I could find Basic Grey around where I live; then I wouldn't have to pay shipping on it and I could get it whenever I needed to! Haha! Well here's MY card and I hope to see all of you tomorrow! I got some new Riley's, so I think that will be my card for next time!! Stay well! Enjoy Life!! Until later..............................
~
~
Recipe:Gina K Little Tees,Versafine Sepia,SU Pretty in pink & Bliss Blue(retired) CS,DCWV BG mat stack,blue ribbon from SCS swap,Sissix photo corner die,Purple 3D flower sticker from SCS SS.


3 comments:

Shannon Roberts said...

YEAH!! You are so lucky! Hey which Riley's did you get?? I just luv them!

Christi Flores said...

How sweet!! I love them both!

Debby said...

Cute cute by Carri and don't you love that set from Gina K.! Nicely put together. Hmmm. Is that really a sentence? Well you know what I mean.